Amazing Elopement & Small Wedding Venues in Perth
Perth Elopement & Small Wedding Venues
Are you looking for wonderful elopement and small wedding venues in Perth? A venue in Perth that actually cater to elopements and micro weddings? Well, we have found some amazing venues that you have to check out.
Perth is the capital of Western Australia and is the fourth most populated state in Australia. Perth is a city with some of the best beaches in the world, beautiful scenic parks and a busy metropolis of bars, restaurants and an arts scene.
From our experience, we have found that couples that are having a small intimate wedding aren’t necessarily doing this because they to save money. They are doing it because they genuinely don’t like or want a large traditional wedding and all the traditions associated with it.
It doesn’t mean that they don’t want a beautiful wedding and that they aren’t prepared to spend money on it. Instead of spending $12,000 on a three-course alternate drop dinner and drinks for eighty people, they would rather spend that money on the most beautiful venue, with the best food and all the cocktails and fine wine they can drink. They will spend money on things that matter to them. And that means a small intimate and beautiful wedding.
So here is some advice for couples that are looking for their perfect elopement or small wedding venue. If you do find a venue that would be perfect for you and your vision but the venue thinks your numbers are too small…
- Ask the venue what their minimum spend would be to have your wedding there. The minimum spend is the amount of money you need to spend with them in food, wine, decorations etc to make it profitable enough for them. It might not be as much as you think.
- Consider having a weekday wedding. Venues would consider a weekday wedding a Monday to Thursday. As Friday weddings are getting to be just as popular as Saturdays. Venues may be more open to small weddings and elopements on a weekday as it is extra revenue and it still leaves their weekend open to a big large wedding that will probably spend more money with them.
Perth is a stunning place for an elopement and there are some awesome venues that will cater to small weddings. From 5-star resorts to trendy beach venues. The venue will set the mood and vibe for your whole wedding day. So we know what a huge decision it is for you.
Here is a list of some wonderful elopement and small wedding venues in Perth that will actually cater to a small wedding and give you the most perfect day.
Old Courthouse Fremantle
Stunning, upmarket heritage venue with licensed bar for budget conscious wedding couples.
1. Old Courthouse Fremantle
Situated in the heart of historic Fremantle, The Old Courthouse Fremantle has recently reopened its doors after undergoing extensive renovations. This charming venue boasts two original courtrooms that now serve as private function spaces, perfect for hosting ceremonies and receptions. Additionally, the newly constructed Pavilion offers a delightful setting for enjoying drinks, lunch, and dinner seven days a week, with a lovely view of the garden.
The ceremony package at The Old Courthouse provides an exclusive 45-minute use of the Civil Courtroom, accommodating anywhere from 2 to 80 individuals. The package includes the services of a celebrant, up to 30 bentwood chairs for seating (with ample space for standing behind), a signing table, and tastefully arranged floral decorations.
After the ceremony, guests are welcomed to join in the celebration with a glass (or two…) of bubbles in the Civil Courtroom. Alternatively, if requested, the festivities can continue in the Criminal Courtroom with additional drinks and canapés. Another option is to enjoy the outdoor ambiance by moving the gathering to the garden, where drinks can be enjoyed on the lawn.
Address: 45 Henderson Street, Fremantle, WA
How to Choose a Small Wedding Venue For Your Elopement or Small Wedding in Perth
Has the idea of an intimate, private wedding got you buzzing with excitement? Or maybe, you’re toying with the thought of an elopement, where it’s just you, your partner, and the profound love you share? Well, let me tell you, you’re not alone. The allure of small weddings and elopements is captivating the hearts of many couples, just like the allure of the setting sun over the Indian Ocean here in Perth.
Choosing to downsize the guest list brings a unique charm to your special day. It becomes less about the grandeur and more about the connection, the intimacy, and the undeniable romance. Plus, it allows you to lavish more love on fewer people, and less worry about the logistics of a big event. But perhaps the cherry on top? A smaller affair often means a smaller budget.
Deciding to host a small wedding or elopement is only the first step in your love-filled journey. The next big thing on your to-do list? Selecting the ideal venue, of course! And that’s precisely why we’re here – to be your guiding light, your compass in the search for your dream “Perth elopement venue” or the best “small wedding venues Perth” has to offer.
Whether you’re on a quest for the ultimate beachside venue or a quaint historic site nestled in the heart of the city, Perth has something to cater to every couple’s taste. So, come along, future Mr and Mrs! Let’s take a journey through the enchanting avenues of Perth’s intimate wedding scene, unveiling some of the most charming, captivating, and love-filled venues where you can pledge your forever commitment.
This guide will serve as your roadmap to navigating through the considerations you need to bear in mind, some top venue picks, and tips to make your small wedding or elopement in Perth nothing short of a fairy-tale experience. So sit back, grab a cup of coffee (or maybe some wedding cake samples) and let’s dive in!
Understanding Your Elopement or Small Wedding
As we embark on this journey together, let’s first dig deeper into the heart of what we mean when we say “elopement” and “small wedding”. While they’re often thrown into the same basket, they’re unique in their own right and offer distinct experiences – think of them as different styles of intimate, love-soaked celebrations.
Elopements: In the past, eloping was all about secrecy and suddenness – a quick dash to the altar without anyone knowing. But, as Bob Dylan says, “the times they are a-changin'”. Today, an elopement is seen as an intimate, deeply personal celebration that focuses on the couple’s love story. It’s less about secrecy and more about simplicity and authenticity.
In its modern sense, an elopement typically involves just the two of you, an officiant, and maybe a couple of witnesses (your best pals or immediate family members). Some couples even choose to include a photographer to capture the raw, candid moments of their special day. The beauty of an elopement lies in its flexibility – you’re free to say “I do” wherever your hearts desire, from a sun-soaked beach to a charming “Perth elopement venue”.
Small Weddings: On the other hand, a small wedding, while also intimate, is a bit more traditional. Picture this: a guest list of 20-50 of your closest family and friends, a beautiful ceremony followed by a reception, a delicious cake waiting to be cut, and a dance floor ready for your first dance as a married couple. It’s the dream wedding you’ve always envisioned, but on a more intimate, personal scale.
While planning a small wedding, you still get to enjoy most elements of a traditional wedding, just with fewer guests. This requires a bit more planning and consideration compared to elopements. The venue plays a significant role here. Comfort, accessibility, and amenities offered by “small wedding venues Perth” has in store are some factors you need to consider.
Whether you’re dreaming of a romantic elopement or a small, intimate wedding, the focus is on creating a day that reflects your unique love story. A smaller-scale celebration gives you the freedom to strip back the ‘fluff’ of a larger event and focus on what truly matters – the celebration of your love. This intimate setting can often lead to a more relaxed, meaningful, and personal experience for you and your guests.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, it’s time to dive into the exciting part – exploring some of Perth’s most charming, intimate, and awe-inspiring elopement and small wedding venues. Let’s find that perfect backdrop for your big (or should we say, small but monumental) day!
What to Look for in a Small Wedding Venue in Perth
Now, let’s chat about what to consider when scouting for the perfect small wedding venue or elopement location in Perth. From size and location to cost and restrictions, several factors come into play. Here’s your handy guide to ticking off all the right boxes:
1. Size and capacity: Just because you’re hosting a smaller wedding or elopement doesn’t mean you should compromise on comfort. Ensure your chosen venue has enough space for your guests to mingle, dine, and dance without feeling cramped. A good rule of thumb is to allow 25-30 square feet per guest – this accounts for the space taken by tables, waitstaff, and the dance floor.
2. Location: Location is key in setting the tone and vibe for your celebration. Perth is blessed with a diverse range of landscapes – from sun-kissed beaches and enchanting vineyards to hip urban spaces and charming historical sites. Think about what resonates with your love story and style when searching for your dream “Perth elopement venue” or “small wedding venues Perth”.
3. Cost: Your venue will likely be one of the most significant chunks of your wedding budget. Ensure you’re getting value for your money. Look for venues that offer packages inclusive of amenities and services. Remember, a small wedding or elopement is about celebrating your love without breaking the bank.
4. Availability: Once you’ve got a date in mind, you’ll want to ensure your preferred venue is available. Remember, popular venues can book out far in advance, even for smaller events. It’s always a good idea to have a couple of potential dates up your sleeve just in case.
5. Amenities and services: Consider what’s included in the venue hire. Some venues offer “all-inclusive” packages that cover everything from tables and chairs to catering and audio-visual equipment. Others may be a “blank canvas”, offering you the flexibility to bring in your own suppliers.
6. Restrictions: Every venue will have certain restrictions, whether it’s about noise levels, end times, décor, or catering. Ensure you’re aware of these restrictions before you commit. For instance, if you dream of a night full of dance and music, a venue with strict noise restrictions may not be the best fit.
Each of these factors plays a vital role in the success of your elopement or small wedding. Remember, your venue isn’t just a backdrop for your celebration; it’s a space where memories are created and cherished. So take your time, do your research, and trust your gut. After all, your wedding day is about celebrating your love in a way that feels authentically ‘you’.
Now that you’ve got your checklist ready, let’s explore some of the best “Perth elopement venues” and “small wedding venues Perth” has to offer!
Top Perth Elopement Venue Types
Now, let’s talk about some of the types of venues that make Perth a dream location for an elopement. The city and its surroundings are bursting with options that cater to every style, taste, and budget. And remember, we’re not naming specific venues here, just painting a picture of the dreamy categories of “Perth elopement venues” you could consider.
1. Beachside Venues: Picture exchanging your vows with your toes in the sand, a gentle sea breeze in your hair, and a stunning Perth sunset as your backdrop. Beachside venues are plentiful in Perth and offer an effortlessly romantic and relaxed setting for your elopement.
2. Vineyard Venues: Fancy a romantic backdrop of rolling vineyard landscapes and panoramic views? A vineyard venue might be just your style. Offering rustic charm, these venues can deliver a sophisticated yet earthy experience.
3. Urban Venues: For those who love the city vibes, consider venues in Perth’s bustling heart. Think modern lofts, rooftop venues, or chic restaurants that offer urban charm and cosmopolitan style.
4. Historic Venues: Love a touch of vintage charm? Historic venues, from heritage-listed buildings to time-honored institutions, offer a unique, classic, and stylish backdrop for your elopement.
5. Nature & Park Venues: For those who love to be surrounded by greenery and flowers, Perth’s gorgeous parks or botanical gardens could be your ideal venue. These offer a serene, tranquil environment for your intimate ceremony.
6. Luxury Nautical Venues: If you want a truly unique elopement experience, why not consider a luxury yacht or a sailboat? Nothing quite beats the romance of exchanging vows on the open water with the city skyline or a glorious sunset in the background.
The diverse range of venue types in Perth means that there’s something to suit every couple’s taste. Remember, the most important thing is that the venue feels right for you and your love story. Happy venue hunting!
Top Small Wedding Venue Types in Perth
Whether you dream of a casual beach wedding or a formal gathering in a stylish city location, Perth is full of “small wedding venues” that cater to a diverse range of preferences. Let’s explore some of the types of venues you could consider for your small wedding:
1. Boutique Hotels: For a touch of luxury and convenience, boutique hotels provide a variety of spaces to suit your needs. From grand ballrooms to intimate courtyards, these venues often come with dedicated event teams and in-house catering, making your wedding planning a breeze.
2. Beachfront Venues: If you dream of a laid-back ceremony with stunning ocean views, a beachfront venue might be just the ticket. Perth’s coastline is dotted with a variety of venues that offer the perfect setting for a romantic beach wedding.
3. Vineyard and Wineries: If you love the idea of a rustic and intimate celebration, consider a vineyard or winery. These venues offer a relaxed yet elegant setting, and often come with the added bonus of fine wines for your reception.
4. Garden Venues: Perth’s parks and botanical gardens offer a tranquil and beautiful backdrop for a small wedding. Surrounded by nature, these venues provide a sense of peace and serenity, perfect for an intimate gathering.
5. Urban Loft Spaces: For a modern and stylish wedding, consider one of Perth’s many urban loft spaces. These venues offer a unique blend of industrial charm and modern elegance, ideal for a contemporary wedding.
6. Historic Buildings: For a wedding with a vintage twist, Perth’s historic buildings provide a unique and character-filled setting. From elegant manor houses to heritage-listed sites, these venues offer a charming and timeless backdrop.
7. Restaurant Venues: For foodie couples, a restaurant can provide an intimate setting, with high-quality food and drink to make your wedding memorable. From chic urban eateries to beachfront dining, there’s a restaurant venue for every taste and style.
Remember, when choosing from the variety of “small wedding venues Perth” has to offer, it’s important to consider not just the location and style, but also the facilities and services each venue offers. This will ensure that your big day runs as smoothly as possible, and is a true reflection of you as a couple. Happy planning!
Why Perth is a Great Place for Elopements and Small Weddings
Let’s take a moment to gush about the magic that is Perth. This Western Australian gem is increasingly becoming the elopement and small wedding destination of choice for couples worldwide. Let’s delve a little deeper into why Perth makes such a charming setting for your special day.
1. A Smorgasbord of Venues: Perth is a playground of “Perth elopement venues” and “Perth small wedding venues”. Its vast array of options allows couples to craft a day that’s uniquely their own. Are you dreaming of a cosy ceremony in a chic urban loft or a boho-inspired beachfront affair? Perhaps a quaint garden setting or a vineyard surrounded by lush grapevines is more your style. Perth offers a plethora of venues to suit a range of tastes, budgets, and wedding sizes, making it an incredibly versatile location for your special day.
2. Picture-Perfect Scenery: As if the venue options weren’t impressive enough, Perth also boasts some of Australia’s most breathtaking landscapes. The city combines the best of both worlds – an energetic urban vibe on one hand and serene natural beauty on the other. Imagine saying your vows against the backdrop of pristine beaches, vibrant city skylines, lush vineyards, or tranquil botanical gardens. Plus, Perth’s famously sunny weather means you’re likely to have glorious weather on your big day. It’s no wonder it’s among the top choices for destination weddings in Australia!
3. Favourable Laws & Regulations: Navigating the legalities of weddings and elopements can be a daunting task. Fortunately, Perth, and Western Australia more broadly, have laws and regulations that are friendly and accommodating to weddings, especially elopements. In fact, the ease of the legal process is often cited as a significant factor in Perth’s popularity as an elopement and small wedding destination.
4. Real Couples, Real Experiences: Nothing speaks more to Perth’s appeal than hearing directly from couples who have tied the knot here. Here’s what a few happy couples had to say:
“Our elopement in Perth was more beautiful than we ever could have imagined. We loved the relaxed vibe of the beach venue we chose and the way the sunset painted the sky during our vows was magical.” – Mia & Noah
“We had a small wedding in one of Perth’s urban venues. The unique blend of modern design and historic charm was just what we were looking for. The city lights and vibrant nightlife added an extra spark to our celebration.” – Tess & Liam
In conclusion, Perth’s unique blend of diverse venues, stunning scenery, and accommodating laws make it a standout choice for couples planning an elopement or small wedding. Each “Perth elopement venue” and “small wedding venue Perth” is ready to play a beautiful part in your love story, offering a tailored experience that you and your partner will cherish forever. Now, it’s time for you to explore the endless possibilities that await in Perth!
Tips for Planning Your Perth Elopement or Small Wedding
Now that we’ve sold you on the idea of a Perth elopement or small wedding, let’s delve into the logistics. Here are some insider tips to help you plan an unforgettable celebration in this vibrant city.
1. Thorough Research is Key: Begin by diving deep into the world of “Perth elopement venues” and “small wedding venues Perth”. Websites, social media platforms, blogs, and forums can be great resources for venue options and real-life experiences. However, nothing quite beats the experience of personally visiting potential venues to get a sense of the ambiance, check out the facilities, and meet the staff. This also gives you a chance to explore the local area, which can come handy when planning your wedding itinerary.
2. Secure Your Venue Early: Once you’ve shortlisted your venues, it’s time to secure your date. The city’s popularity as a wedding hotspot means venues, particularly those with a smaller capacity, can book out well in advance. To avoid disappointment, as soon as you decide on your date, book your venue. Keep in mind that some months are more popular than others for weddings, and plan accordingly.
3. Consider Engaging a Local Wedding Planner: If you’re based out of town or simply feel overwhelmed by the process, a local wedding planner can be a godsend. They will have an intimate knowledge of the local wedding scene, a network of reliable vendors, and the expertise to handle the logistics, saving you time and stress.
4. Building a Dream Team of Vendors: From photographers and florists to caterers and musicians, Perth boasts a thriving wedding industry filled with talent. Take time to research vendors, review their portfolios, and read testimonials from previous clients. Once you’ve made your selections, be sure to communicate your vision clearly to them, so they can help bring it to life.
5. Navigate the Legalities: Understanding the legal requirements for getting married in Perth is essential. Make sure you know about the Notice of Intended Marriage form, which must be lodged with your chosen marriage celebrant at least one month before your wedding. If you’re feeling confused, consult with a marriage celebrant or legal professional to ensure everything is correctly done.
6. Personalise Your Celebration: Remember, this day is all about celebrating your unique love story. Incorporate elements that are meaningful to you and your partner. This could be anything from your choice of venue and décor to your vows and wedding music. Don’t feel pressured to stick to tradition if it doesn’t resonate with you.
7. Enjoy the Journey: Amid all the planning, don’t forget to savour this special time. Try to minimise stress by keeping organised and delegating tasks when possible. Remember, the goal is to celebrate your love in a way that brings you joy.
Planning an elopement or small wedding in Perth may seem like a huge task, but with careful planning and a touch of flexibility, it can be a fun and rewarding process. Use these tips as a guide, and remember, there are no hard and fast rules – this is your special day, make it your own! Here’s to a wonderful journey to your beautiful day in Perth.
Final Thoughts on Perth Elopement & Small Wedding Venues
Choosing the perfect venue for your elopement or small wedding isn’t just another box to tick off your wedding planning checklist. It’s a vital decision that sets the tone for your entire celebration. Your venue not only contributes to the memories you will create on your special day but it’s also the place that will always hold a special significance in your love story.
Perth offers an exceptional variety of “Perth elopement venues” and “small wedding venues Perth”, promising an array of options for every couple. Its breathtaking landscapes, urban sophistication, and sunny weather make it a paradise for those looking to create an intimate, memorable wedding experience. Whether it’s a beachside ceremony with the sunset as your backdrop, an enchanting garden setting surrounded by lush greenery, or a chic downtown loft with stunning city views, Perth is a treasure trove of unique venues waiting to be discovered.
Your wedding is a celebration of your unique love story, your journey, and the commitment you’re making to each other. The venue you choose should be a reflection of who you are as a couple. So, take your time exploring your options, imagining your day unfolding in these spaces, and considering what feels right for you and your partner.
Remember, there are no strict rules when it comes to planning your wedding. Perhaps you’ll find yourself drawn to a beachfront property where you can exchange vows to the sound of crashing waves, or maybe a chic city venue with panoramic views is more your style. Perhaps it’s the rustic charm of a vineyard that calls to you. There’s no right or wrong choice, only what resonails with you and feels true to your vision for the day.
However, while the venue is indeed crucial, it’s essential to remember what truly matters on this day – the love you share, the commitment you’re making, and the people you’re sharing it with. Your wedding is more than a location or a set of well-executed details. It’s a heartfelt celebration of your love story, filled with moments of joy, laughter, tears, and unforgettable memories.
So, as you embark on this thrilling adventure, remember to enjoy the journey. Take the time to soak in every moment, from the planning process to the day you say ‘I do’.
We wish you all the best as you navigate this exciting chapter of your life. Here’s to discovering your dream “Perth elopement venue” or “small wedding venues Perth”, and creating a wedding day that’s uniquely yours in every way. May your wedding be not only beautiful and memorable but filled with love, happiness, and joyous celebrations. Happy planning!
Best Time of Year for a Perth Elopement
Perth has one of the best climates in all Australia, especially for those people that love the outdoors. It is classed as a Mediterranean climate. Hot and dry summers and rainy and cold winters.
Summer (December to February) – Summers in Perth are hot but the heat is a dry heat with low humidity. Summer temperatures average around the 30°C but as it doesn’t have the humidity of states like Queenslands and NSW it is quite bearable for elopements if you just avoid the midday heat and sun. Afternoons have the ‘Fremantle Doctor’ which is an afternoon sea breeze that cool temperatures down.
Autumn (March to May) – Autumn is a lovely time for an elopement. Days are sunny and warm and evenings are cooler. They may be more rain and increased humidity.
Winter (June to August) – Unless you are planning an indoor elopement, it is best to avoid a winter elopement in Perth. It is much cooler and there is a lot more rain and storms. There is an average rainfall of 142mm in July, compared to just 10mm in December.
Spring (September to November) – Spring in Perth is considered Peak wedding and elopement season. And for very good reason. The days are beautiful and sunny but not too hot. With average day time temperatures of around 23°C. There is also very little rainfall.
As you can see, just from a climate point of view, the best time to have an elopement in Perth is in Spring. And the worst time to have an elopement in Perth is in Winter.
Just be aware that in Spring you will find that venues and locations book out a long way in advance. The top venues can book out 18 months to 2 years ahead of time. Which means that the top wedding and elopement vendors, including photographers, celebrates and stylists will also book out at least 12 months in advance. You will also be paying top price for everything.
So consider having your elopement during other seasons and just consider the weather for you and your guests. With Summer elopements you should provide some shade and drinks for you and your guests. And Winter, you should definitely have a wet-weather backup planned.
Why you should Elope to Perth
You don’t just have to have a large traditional wedding. You can have a small intimate elopement with just you and your very closest family and friends. Elopements are awesome! It is an amazing experience and a beautiful way to start your new life together.
Couples elope to Perth for a variety of reasons. Some people just hate weddings and some people simply can’t afford a big wedding. But there are so many better reasons why you should elope to Perth, and here are a few of them.
- Get Married Sooner – You don’t have to wait a year or more to get married. You can get married in around 30 days legally. There is no good reason why you can’t start your new life together now.
- Perth is Stunning – The city of Perth is an amazing place to have an elopement in. There is a large variety of small wedding venues and other outdoor locations where you can have your elopement at. Hire an awesome professional elopement photographer and you will get some timeless images of your day.
- Escape the Stress – When you elope to Perth you give yourself the opportunity to escape all the stress that comes with organising a large traditional wedding. You have less people, less opinions, less logistics to manage and less food allergies to cater for. But eloping, you can also escape any family politics that every family has.
- Intimate and Personal – Elopements are 100% more intimate and personal. Weddings can be a large staged event where you are the centre of attention and the stars of the show. It can be more of a show and less of an intimate and personal vow and commitment to each other.
- Affordable – Elopements in Perth are definitely more affordable. Immediately but cutting your guest list down you save money. Which means you can put that money towards the best food, wine, cocktails, styling etc for your elopement. You can still have a fairytale elopement event and you will probably have money left over for a honeymoon as well.
Perth Small Wedding Venues
The top wedding venues in Perth can easily book out a year or more in advance. The fact is, you can legally get married in just over thirty days. And couples are routinely planning a wedding two years out so that they can get the wedding venue that they want. This is crazy!
By eloping, and in particular, if you elope on a weekday, it is so much easier to find a beautiful smaller more intimate wedding venue in Perth. It is definitely easier to organise and book a wedding for twenty people than is to do one for two hundred.
Intimate Wedding Venues Perth
There are so many couples that really don’t like weddings and they really don’t like the big traditional weddings. They are full of strange customs and traditions, and the truth is, most people really don’t know why they are doing them anyway.
Get married, but do it in a more intimate environment and do it your own way. Don’t do traditions that you don’t understand, in fact it is better if you start your own tradition.
One of the major reasons why I think you should choose an intimate wedding venue in Perth is so that you can really spend quality time with those people that are closest to you.
When you have a big traditional wedding, you will see the wedding couple trying their best to talk to everyone at the wedding. As a wedding couple, at a large wedding, you would be lucky to get five minutes of quality time with each guest at your own wedding. For example, if you had 120 guests at your wedding and you wanted to talk to each of them for just five minutes, you would need 10 hours to talk to everyone.
By eloping, and having just a small number of guests, you will be spending better quality time with these important people in your lives.
Elopement Venues Perth
If you love the outdoor lifestyle and venues in beautiful locations and surroundings, then Perth is a perfect location for your elopement or small wedding. There is a large variety of choice and styles to suit everyones taste.
If you are a wedding venue reading this and you think that small weddings aren’t profitable enough… well they can be. Couples will spend money on quality venues that look stunning, have world-class food and wine and that can give them an amazing experience. Can your larger space be transformed into a more intimate setting? Consider mid-week elopement and small wedding packages. And give smaller weddings the option if they can do a minimum spend.